Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Field Not Found...am I blind?

Hello Everyone,

First time poster here in the community.  I have the following script I'm trying to use, but I keep getting the Field Not Found error.  I can't seem to find the issue here, but it does appear to be in my MasterCalendar table.  Any help would be appreciated.

LET vMinDate = NUM(MAKEDATE(1900,1,1));

LET vMaxDate = NUM(MAKEDATE(2999,12,31));

Temp:

LOAD

$(vMinDate) +  ITERNO() - 1 AS DateID,

DATE($(vMindate) + ITERNO() - 1) AS TempDate

AUTOGENERATE 1 WHILE $(vMinDate) + ITERNO() - 1 <= $(vMaxDate);

MasterCalendar:

LOAD

TempDate,

TempDate AS CalendarDate,

WEEK(TempDate) AS Week,

YEAR(TempDate) AS Year,

MONTH(TempDate) AS Month,

DAY(TempDate) AS Day,

'Q' & CEIL(MONTH(TempDate)/3) AS Quarter

RESIDENT Temp

ORDER BY TempDate ASC;

DROP TABLE Temp;

5 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I just copy-pasted the above code in an empty QlikView application and run the script.

I do not get any errors.

My assumption is that you have more code in your script than the part you are showing here and that the problem actually is caused there.

If I have this happen in my regular QlikView Developer class, I would go look at the previous page of your script as I assume you are using "QUALIFY *;" somewhere in your script and forgot to close it with an "UNQUALIFY *;".

May you live in interesting times!
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Doesn't it tell you the name of the field not found? "Field not found < Field >"

Your script does not have any other LOAD statements after above code snippet?

Have you checked the variables vMinDate / vMaxDate and have you run the script in debug mode?

maxgro
MVP
MVP

your script seems correct and it works in my qlikview

could you post the error?

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Jason,

Can you attach a sample QVF or QVW so that it would be easy to solve the issue?

Not applicable
Author

Hello Everyone,

Thanks guys for your support!  I was actually able to fix my issue by just changing the order of how things ran for some strange reason.  For example, I had a database connection bringing in a couple of tables, then an excel spreadsheet load, and then the master calendar code.  I did look over all of it and checked for the things you all mentioned and nothing.  I ended up running my master calendar code first in the sequence and for whatever reason that fixed it.  Appreciate the responses.

Thanks, Jason