Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karthik3
Creator III
Creator III

Files to monitor on Qlik Sense Server to catch issues instantly?

Hi All,

I would like to monitor certain files on qlik sense server continuously to search for some words like 'Error' and send an email alert if the word happens.

Ex:- search for error in <MachineName>_Service_Engine.txt file

Do someone have the list of files and words to search to include in an automatic monitoring tool?

2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I'm a little confused by the question, so perhaps I don't understand what you're trying to do. If you have specific logs and words you want to monitor, I think you'll be the only ones to know which ones? What sort of issues or errors are you trying to catch, exactly?

If you're just looking to catch failed tasks, see this thread:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Qlik-Sense-Failed-Task-Email-notification/td-p/14622...

Karthik3
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Failed tasks can easily be captured always . Everyone gets email alerts for them.

I am looking for something more in depth. Something my default qlik does not offer.

For ex:- I have a central node with 9 rim nodes.

1. If any service gets stopped on any server I need to get an alert

2. If any node goes offline in qmc I need to get an alert

3. If a service gets restarted I need to get an alert so that I can investigate if there was a network connectivity issue or any other reason

3.  If a user gets access denied at the proxy server end I need to get an alert

I want to document all such errors which are useful for efficient running of a multi node environment and get an alert immediately if an error occurs so that actions can be taken.

I like to know what files to scan continuously and for what words or messages to check in them so that if that message occurs then an alert can be sent?