cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wttaryde
Contributor III
Contributor III

Filter Dimension using Pre-determined panel

I want to determine ahead of time several panels of companies that I can filter my dimension on.  I was planning to use "GetFieldSelection" to filter the dimension.  So far it sort of works. I can't figure out why it doesn't always work.  I think it needs some sort of control that tackles duplicates or missing data.  Right now, it will show one panel but none of the others. 

Expression is:

=if ( match (Panel,GetFieldSelections(Panel)), YearID)

YearID is the dimension that shows on the X-Axis and I want it filter to just the companies I want. 

In the attached app, the sheet "Graph" has 2 charts.  The top one shows all the data and is not intended to be filterable.  The bottom is the one I want to be filtered by the Panel selection.  The default panel shows, but none of the others do.  The other panel that should work for sure but doesn't is "NorAm_sh". When you filter for that panel, the top chart responds to show in bold colors who is in that panel.  The bottom chart should respond to just have those companies in the panel. 

I've included the table of data showing the panels to see if this is a data issue, but I'd like the App or Expression to correct or ignore the data issue.

0 Replies