Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianDH
Creator II
Creator II

Filter all objects on 1 sheet.

Team

I am looking for examples on how to filter all objects on a sheet.  

Labels (1)
  • sheet

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

I would say if thats the only restriction use set analysis in all the expressions in the sheet to eliminate cashflow=0.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Please explain more.

if you are looking for filters on a sheet being applicable to only that sheet. then you are looking at alternate states

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Filtering all objects on a sheet, and indeed in the entire app, is the default behaviour in Qlik Sense. This can be a foreign concept to people coming from other BI tools. On the other hand, as @dplr-rn has said, if you want to filter just the objects on one sheet and not another alternate states is a possible solution, however set analysis can be used as well and may not lead down the rabbit hole that alternate states sometimes does.

If we're off the mark please be a little more specific in describing what you want to do and I'll try to provide an example.

Cheers,

Rod

BrianDH
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes, I want to filter just one of my sheets.

I want all the objects on this one sheet not to show any data where the CashFlow = 0

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

I would say if thats the only restriction use set analysis in all the expressions in the sheet to eliminate cashflow=0.

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Nice to know I was on the right track with trying to decipher what the requirement was. Set analysis is the ideal tool method if you are trying to hold field value's static or specify them in a context that is additional to the associations at play.