Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yorick_Stevens
Partner - Contributor III

Filter by Alternate State

Hi All,

I am fairly new to Qlik Sense and I was wondering whether it was possible to predifine a filter in a measure, but only is applied when a Alternate State is applied.

I am looking to achieve this in order to  apply filters on sheets in order to reduce the amount of measures and dimensions that I currently have.

Example: 
COUNT({[AirState] <[Service Type]={'Air'}>} DISTINCT BookerEmail)
+ COUNT({[CarState] <[Service Type]={'Car'}>} DISTINCT BookerEmail)
+ COUNT({[HotelState] <[Service Type]={'Hotel'}>} DISTINCT BookerEmail)
+ COUNT({[RailState] <[Service Type]={'Rail'}>} DISTINCT BookerEmail)
+ COUNT({[Default]} DISTINCT BookerEmail)

This should show the distinct count of the BookerEmail regarding the AlternateState my graph/page is in,
But this shows always the total even if my graph has the alternate state 'AirState' applied.
Hoping anyone can help

Kind regards,
Yorick Stevens

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I understand, all you need is simply Set analysis and some filters of your like to be added on sheets for users to slice and dice.

Here is a link for learning Set Analysis. Hope you learn it fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMQJnKMkfxg

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Is there any specific reason why you are using Alternate State. You can use the simple filters to view the data for the filter which is selected.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Yorick_Stevens
Author

Dear,

As we would like to view every 'Service Type' on a different sheet and not use any filters. On an overview sheet, I would like to report one next to the other. And avoid the different filters for each one.

Thanks for the quick follow-up.
Kind regards,

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can use the set analysis with Set Identifier like below.

Sum({1<[Service Type] = {"Car"}>}Sales)

Now when you use No selection will be applicable for this expression.

So you dont need the Alternate State, you can use the Set Analysis for the same and make your life easier.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Yorick_Stevens
Author

Hi Kaushik ,

That is the thing, I would like that any other filters on the page do have an application on the state. But I also would like to have only one measure and not a measure for each filter.

I am not familiar with the Set Analysis and Set Identifier...

Kind regards,
Yorick

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I understand, all you need is simply Set analysis and some filters of your like to be added on sheets for users to slice and dice.

Here is a link for learning Set Analysis. Hope you learn it fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMQJnKMkfxg

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Yorick_Stevens
Author

Dear,

I just reviewed the video. I am actually looking for a way to not make 4 or 5 different expressions in order to display my data.
The Set Analysis is actually what I am currently using.

Is there any way to display a particular Set Expression in function of an Alternate State?

Kind regards,

Yorick