Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saryk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Filter by dimension

I'd like to add a filter by dimension instead of by value ; say I have field A {1, 2, 3} and field B {4, 5, 6} that correspond for example to number of sales for employee A and employee B or each product.

I want a pie chart with sales per product, so I have a dimension that is "Product name" and a measure that is Sum(A) + Sum(B).

If I add a filter item (the last one in graphs, I have Qliksense in French which doesn't help, sorry for mistranslations), I can only add a Dimension which then shows all values to filter by Value. 

I want to be able to select A or B to show their individual sales on the same chart, how can I filter this ?

Reality is more complex than that but the analogy simplifies things for explanation purposes.

28 Replies
cpomeren003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Well that was a wild ride. Glad it's solved!

Could you mark/like one of our answers with the formula's as the answer? That way people know which one to use in the future. 

Saryk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I accepted the one with a working solution. 

Saryk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

One last thing :

Let's say the values for a sale are 18 and 12 for "A without B" and "B" respectively ; when I filter on those and mouse over the graph, it simply says "40" - that makes sense, we're adding them to "filter".

Is there a way ton conserve the split so that is shows "A without B : 18" and "B : 12" ?

Saryk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

30* it*

Typos, can't edit posts...

cpomeren003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You can actually edit posts by pressing the 3 dots.

I would solve your new problem by editing the label. So instead of Sales you get something like this:

Total Sales (15 product A, 10 product B): 25

Can basically make it as nice as you want, but as far as I know only on the label side, you can't really split the right side.

Saryk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Would it be dynamic though ?

I don't have the 3 dots on my browser version ; I just noticed I do have them on my phone though.

cpomeren003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Yes, it would be dynamic, because it would be a formula that also gets calculated.

Saryk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I shall check that out tomorrow 🙂

Saryk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Could you help me doing this ?

My value fields appear as text in the label, like 

='A without B : [SaleProductAwB] B : [SaleProductB] C : [SaleProductC] D : [SaleProductD]'

will come out as 

A without B : [SaleProductAwB] B : [SaleProductB] C : [SaleProductC] D : [SaleProductD]

;

And if I remove them from the quotes like so :

='A without B : ' & [SaleProductAwB] & 'B : ' & [SaleProductB] & 'C : ' & [SaleProductC] & 'D : ' & [SaleProductD]

I get this in the label :

A without B : B : C : D :