cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter pane for one or all selection.

Hi all,

I'm looking to create a filter pane that only lets me selection one thing or everything.

E.g. if my data is categorized as Small, Medium, Large, I want a filter pane with the following selections: Small, Medium, Large, All.

I'm pretty sure base Qlik Sense doesn't let me do it.

Vizlib's filter extension lets me create a filter that allows me to only select one, but there is no option for all.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

You may have something like this -

Create one island table and link your actual category with new category field like this and use new category as filter pane -

Load * inline [

oldcategoryfieldname, new category

Small,Small

Small, All

Medium, Medium

Medium, All

Large, Large

Large, All ];

If you select All in new category filter pane, it should select all categories of your actual category data field.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

You may have something like this -

Create one island table and link your actual category with new category field like this and use new category as filter pane -

Load * inline [

oldcategoryfieldname, new category

Small,Small

Small, All

Medium, Medium

Medium, All

Large, Large

Large, All ];

If you select All in new category filter pane, it should select all categories of your actual category data field.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

In your example "All" would have to be a data point that is associated with all values. This means you have to work the value "All" in to your data model in a way that it presents selecting all values. I dont think this will be a intuitive or logical for the business user, so I would advise on using the native Qlik Sense functions instead.

Educate the users to utilize the powerful selection options in Qlik's associative engine. In the field or dimension context menu, simply select "Select All" to select all values or "Select possible" to select all the current white values.

2018-05-02 15_49_07-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the solution.

Works perfectly.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

In the Vizlib Filter, you have the ability to specify multiple default values using a comma separator, e.g.

Jan, Feb, March to default select the first quarter of the year.

Best,

Martin

todtliat01
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Is it possible to select excluded as defaults?