Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filter sheet using a table column - variable

Hi experts!

i have this problem regarding filtering my sheet.

I have a table with 5 column:

1. rowno(total)
  2. Date
  3. text...
  4. text...
  5. text...

The table is sorted by date, and i would like to filter all the sheet depending on the LAST 100 values of this table (therefore i cannot take a data range picker, because i want the last 100 rows, and dates arenot perfectly distributed). That's why I added the rowno(total) colummn, but I don't know what to do now.

I thought to a button that set a variable like (rowno<100) but i have no clue how to do that.

Experts! Could you please help me?

Thank you!

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrea,

You can select the dimension (rowno()) and give the largest and values(100) as I specified 2 in the below screenshot.

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shiva, thank you for your fast reply,

two things:

1. i am using Qlik Sense Desktop
  2. I would like to see the entire table at the beginning, and only in a second moment (maybe pressing a variable button) filter all the data of the sheet depending on the first 100 values of the table. Then with another button reset the variable (or the filter) as it was at the beginning (show all the data)

Is it possible to do that?

Thank you again!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry for that, Andrea.

In Qliksense for the actions we need to use Sense Navigation + Actions visualization extension for Qlik Sense from Qlikbranch. as mentioned in Finding, Installing, and Using Qlik Sense Visualization Extensions.

Not applicable
Author

that's fine, i have already installed that extension, but i have no clue on how set the variable. Explaining my self:

• i have a sheet with several fields and values
  • i have already in place some filter panel to filter the data in the sheet (therefore the count of the dates is not fixed, it depends also an selected filters)
  • I want the possibility to filter all the data with the 100 most recent values (I have both the fields date and delta date)
  • the most recent 100 are not fixed, due to the fact that selecting some filters it could changed.

How can I do? Thank you again

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you share a sample qvf.?

Not applicable
Author

here it is

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, but can you also share sample data.

Not applicable
Author

this is the data i used to build the sample, but i don't know how much are useful

thank you again