Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LBUSER
Contributor II
Contributor II

Filter two tables by one filter pane date

I have two tables in sheets.

Table A contains a date and sales by customer from System A

Table B contains a date and sales by customer from System B

I have two filter panes, one for table A and one for table B. That works fine but I want to use only one filter pane.

Also would be great to show sales by customer from both table in one table so that System A sales would have one bar and System B sales would have one bar.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

@LBUSER  You can concatenate your table with Flags to identify the table a and table b. Something like below

systemA_table:
LOAD Date,
     Sales,
     Customer,
     'SystemA' as Flag
FROM systemA;

concatenate(systemA_table)
LOAD Date,
     Sales,
     Customer,
    'SystemB' as Flag
FROM systemB;

This way you will have single filter and also have flexibility to see just for systemA  or systemB data based on Flag created.

You can also use that Flag as dimension in bar chart to differentiate Sales across the system and you can also create different measure like below to have separate measure view of both system like below

=sum({<Flag={'SystemA'}>}Sales)

=sum({<Flag={'SystemB'}>}Sales)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@LBUSER  You can concatenate your table with Flags to identify the table a and table b. Something like below

systemA_table:
LOAD Date,
     Sales,
     Customer,
     'SystemA' as Flag
FROM systemA;

concatenate(systemA_table)
LOAD Date,
     Sales,
     Customer,
    'SystemB' as Flag
FROM systemB;

This way you will have single filter and also have flexibility to see just for systemA  or systemB data based on Flag created.

You can also use that Flag as dimension in bar chart to differentiate Sales across the system and you can also create different measure like below to have separate measure view of both system like below

=sum({<Flag={'SystemA'}>}Sales)

=sum({<Flag={'SystemB'}>}Sales)

Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LBUSER Are you using QlikView or Sense? I'd like to move this into the correct product forum. 

Sue Macaluso
LBUSER
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Im using Sense.

LBUSER
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you!