Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabrielOtet
Contributor III
Contributor III

Filter values greater than divide

Hi all,

I have a problem when calculating a specific value as following:

count({<field1={"$(=[field1]*3/[field2])>5"}>} field1)

Actually what I want to do is to count all the values that divided to another value from a collumn of the table are greather than 5. 

Theoreticaly the logic should be correct but practically I get different results compared with what I expect.

can someone help me here?

Gabriel

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

Count({<field1 = {"=[field1]*3/[field2] > 5"}>} field1)
marcus_sommer

Try it without the $-sign expansion within the set analysis:

count({<field1={"=[field1]*3/[field2]>5"}>} field1)

- Marcus

GabrielOtet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ufortunately it is not working as expected, it is returning a value but is far away from the expected one.

Most probably behind it is a logic that I cannot get.

I have tried with IF also but there is no result.

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample where we can try this out?

GabrielOtet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I cannot do it but I'll try to explain as best as possible:

I have a ColumnA and a ColumnB into the data table (there are many more but those two are important for my issue).

Now, I have to calculate the amount of rows that have the property as ColumnA/ColumnB is greater than a Value.

The filter is working fine until to the point that I divide the values (with a single value comparison for example) but not working anymore with the full filter.

As a solution I'm thinking that maybe will be faster to build up a third ColumnC with the result of ColumnA/ColumnB when loading the data. In this case, in filter will be only ColumnC which have the values greather than something.

Anyhow, I have the feeling that there is a more elegant solution directly with filters.

sunny_talwar

If all you want to do is to divide a column with another... why are we multiplying with 3 here?

Count({<field1 = {"=[field1]*3/[field2] > 5"}>} field1)

Is this what might be causing the issue?

Again, not asking for confidential data... all I want to see is a mocked up sample data which is close to your real data and where we can see the issue and see what you might be doing wrong.

GabrielOtet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

My bad, into the explanation I forgot to mention about the '*3'.

Into the real view, there is this part also.

marcus_sommer

It seems that the calculation logic and/or the field-associations within the datamodel and/or the data-quality isn't really clear. Therefore I suggest to create a table-chart with field1 as dimension and field1 and field2 as expression and also your calculation of [field1]*3/[field2]>5. I wouldn't really surprised if it don't work. I assume that your logic need some aggregations ...

- Marcus

GabrielOtet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Marcus,

It is working with the observation that out of approx 100k values of field 1, some of them are equal and will not show the real amount of samples/values.

Other than that, using the table you suggested to check/see the data is working perfectly.

Also additional field with value  [field1]*3/[field2]>5 is showing the right results.

On the other hand, having in data Load an additional column is working straight forward and giving the right results but as I said, I'm still thinking that there is a more elegant solution with filtering data directly.

Gabriel