Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harry_FF
Contributor II
Contributor II

Filtering 2 different Datasources

Hi all,  

I have 3 tables with them i created few charts. Now I want to add filter Common filter for all the charts, like Filtering with same organisation or like filter with years n months. Associations are giving me expected results but when I click any chart Visualizations rest others charts are getting filtered (May be based on dates or something). Is there others ways to filter. I even tried with variables but they hold single values. Suggest me better solution for this.

Thanks in advance,

🙂

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Prashant_Naik
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Harry,

You can do like this : Sum({<Customer=,Region=>}Sales).  fields that should not affect your chart on selection needs to be listed in the {<here>} braces.

And

for common filter between 2 table scenario a association can do the job but if issues persist we need dummy data set to help you out.  

Regards,

Prashant.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
eliran
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Harry,

The filters in Qlik works according to the connection between the tables (Out of the box).

So it all depends on your data, maybe you can share your app, or share the table schema and elaborate more on your problem.

BR,

Eliran.

Harry_FF
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

My problem is after associate 3 tables using date fields,  whenever I click on a some chart’s Dimension (Which belongs to table 1) then Automatically filtering rest all charts (which belongs to table 2 n table3).
can’t we stop filtering by clicking  on dimensions.

Prashant_Naik
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Harry,

One way is there, you can nullify all the fields of table 1 in other chart expression where you don't want the selections to be worked.

Regards,

Prashant

Harry_FF
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Prasanth, 

can u explain how to nullify those fields.

and Do you have any idea how to have a common filter between 2 tables without joining them. 

Thank you 

Prashant_Naik
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Harry,

You can do like this : Sum({<Customer=,Region=>}Sales).  fields that should not affect your chart on selection needs to be listed in the {<here>} braces.

And

for common filter between 2 table scenario a association can do the job but if issues persist we need dummy data set to help you out.  

Regards,

Prashant.

Harry_FF
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Two methods working Prasanth, but using first method  I have to nullify many fields from different charts, felt second method convenient. 
I created 2 dummy dimensions month, year for filtering in filter pane, Used year reference in month filter.

Sep-2020 so I wanna show only months up to September when year 2020 is selected else show all 12 months. 

if ( yr = year(today()), if(monthno <= month(today()), Month), Month)

**So when months are selected  values Of year are changing. Nullifying can be done only with aggregate measures ? Or can be on dimension too ?

thanks 🙂