cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering Autocalendar dates with Set analysis

Hi everyone,

I have been looking for this particular question but I have found nothing.

I have a date filter in the field "fecha_act". But this filter is done by means of autocalendar (YearMonth) so the expresion is:

"=[fecha_act.autoCalendar.YearMonth]"

So when filtered this is what I see:

dateFilter.JPG

What I want to achieve is to create a line-chart with "=[fecha_act.autoCalendar.YearMonth]" as the dimension, but with measures not affected by the filter so, no matter the filter, I want to see the whole time line

I have used this Set analysis expression in the measure: Avg({$<[fecha_act.autoCalendar.YearMonth] =>}avance)

but the chart shows the results filtered by that date.

linea afectada por tiempo.JPG

Any clues?

Thank you in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Andrey.

Your example was not the solution but was very helpful for finding the problem.

I tried to replicate my problem within your qvf and I could do it, so the "bug" still exists.

The trick:

When you assign a dimension to a filter pane, you select it from the filed list just like the following:

filter sintax2.JPG

So when you hit "Apply" button what you see is the following:

filter sintax.JPG

That "equal" symbol is the problem. If this is left like that, in the upper filter bar what yo see is:

filter sintax3.JPG

In this situation, the Set Analysis expression I posted does not work. What we need the filter to be is the following:

filter sintax4.JPG

Please, note that now the equal symbol is not there. And now, the Set Analysis Expression is working properly.

The only way to achieve this is to manually delete the equal symbol within the filter pane properties panel:

filter sintax5.JPG

Now, every filter works correctly and the set analysis expressions do what they are supposed to do.

I think this is some kind of bug and I hope this to be helpful to people with the same problem.

Greetings!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't know the current status...

Derived fields not working in Set Analysis

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

I do not see the error. I repeated it in a simplified example - you did everything right (see the attached file). Maybe there is an error in writing field names, there may be spaces, etc.

Regards,

Andrey

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Andrey.

Your example was not the solution but was very helpful for finding the problem.

I tried to replicate my problem within your qvf and I could do it, so the "bug" still exists.

The trick:

When you assign a dimension to a filter pane, you select it from the filed list just like the following:

filter sintax2.JPG

So when you hit "Apply" button what you see is the following:

filter sintax.JPG

That "equal" symbol is the problem. If this is left like that, in the upper filter bar what yo see is:

filter sintax3.JPG

In this situation, the Set Analysis expression I posted does not work. What we need the filter to be is the following:

filter sintax4.JPG

Please, note that now the equal symbol is not there. And now, the Set Analysis Expression is working properly.

The only way to achieve this is to manually delete the equal symbol within the filter pane properties panel:

filter sintax5.JPG

Now, every filter works correctly and the set analysis expressions do what they are supposed to do.

I think this is some kind of bug and I hope this to be helpful to people with the same problem.

Greetings!