Qlik Community

Ask a Question

New to Qlik Sense

If you’re new to Qlik Sense, start with this Discussion Board and get up-to-speed quickly.

Announcements
Support Cases coming to Qlik Community Oct. 4! Start chats, open cases, explore resources: READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
conor_gallagher93
Contributor III
Contributor III

Filtering Data on Field Name from Set Analysis

I'm working with a data set where records are graded as 'Sat' or 'Non-Sat', and the percent of records that received a 'Sat' rating is called the Quality score. For example:

(Count({<[Score] = {'Sat'}>} [ID])) / (Count([ID]))

When I look at the overall results, everything looks great. Even when I filter on other fields in the data set, things look great. However, when I filter the [Score] field to 'Non-Sat', I notice that all instances of my set analysis (i.e. {<[Score] = {'Sat'}>}) do not update. For example, there are >226,000 records where a 'Sat' score was received, but after I filter on 'Non-Sat' records, the number stays at >226,000 and does not update to 0. Does anyone know why these set analyses are not updating to reflect the filter?

I've tried using a $ identifier and the ALL expression, but neither of them were producing the results I wanted. Is there another identifier/expression I should use?

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lblumenfeld
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi. I just answered another question that has the same solution as this one (must be a trend....) Please see this post.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/tabbed-container-extension-does-not-take-in-filters/...

Let me know if it help you with what you need to do. In short, you'll want to use

[Score] *= {'Sat'}

Note the *= above. But, read the entire post to understand why. If you need more info then I'll be happy to post it.

Let me know if that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lblumenfeld
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi. I just answered another question that has the same solution as this one (must be a trend....) Please see this post.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/tabbed-container-extension-does-not-take-in-filters/...

Let me know if it help you with what you need to do. In short, you'll want to use

[Score] *= {'Sat'}

Note the *= above. But, read the entire post to understand why. If you need more info then I'll be happy to post it.

Let me know if that helps.

View solution in original post

conor_gallagher93
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That did the trick! Thank you so much!