Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
conor_gallagher93
Contributor III
Contributor III

Filtering Data on Field Name from Set Analysis

I'm working with a data set where records are graded as 'Sat' or 'Non-Sat', and the percent of records that received a 'Sat' rating is called the Quality score. For example:

(Count({<[Score] = {'Sat'}>} [ID])) / (Count([ID]))

When I look at the overall results, everything looks great. Even when I filter on other fields in the data set, things look great. However, when I filter the [Score] field to 'Non-Sat', I notice that all instances of my set analysis (i.e. {<[Score] = {'Sat'}>}) do not update. For example, there are >226,000 records where a 'Sat' score was received, but after I filter on 'Non-Sat' records, the number stays at >226,000 and does not update to 0. Does anyone know why these set analyses are not updating to reflect the filter?

I've tried using a $ identifier and the ALL expression, but neither of them were producing the results I wanted. Is there another identifier/expression I should use?

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lblumenfeld
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi. I just answered another question that has the same solution as this one (must be a trend....) Please see this post.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/tabbed-container-extension-does-not-take-in-filters/...

Let me know if it help you with what you need to do. In short, you'll want to use

[Score] *= {'Sat'}

Note the *= above. But, read the entire post to understand why. If you need more info then I'll be happy to post it.

Let me know if that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lblumenfeld
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi. I just answered another question that has the same solution as this one (must be a trend....) Please see this post.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/tabbed-container-extension-does-not-take-in-filters/...

Let me know if it help you with what you need to do. In short, you'll want to use

[Score] *= {'Sat'}

Note the *= above. But, read the entire post to understand why. If you need more info then I'll be happy to post it.

Let me know if that helps.

conor_gallagher93
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That did the trick! Thank you so much!