Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering from One Fact Table based on criteria

Hi All , I am a new one user of Qlik and have this request.

In my project I have a one fact table, lets say with teams and members.

And What a Want is to have posibility to select from this fact table based on criteria

Under the criteria I mean Gender and Age

My INPUT_DATA:

TeamID  Age Gender

1 20  M

1 30  M

1 42  F

1 61  F

2 22  M

2 42  F

I want to have two pools,  in one is Gender Male, and second pool is inteded for Females.

In every pool is all possible Ages for this gender.

based on input data:

Pool 1: 20,30,22

Pool 2 : 42,61,42

I want to find and display only those teams and their members which meet filtering criteria.

So If i pick from pool1 value 20 and want to have possible just to pick from pool2 value 42 or 61 and when I picj let say 41

Bellow will be whole team 1 displayes.

Question: Do I need to create two separate tables one with Male and one with Female records and link them together with KEY (TeamID)?

Or is it possible to do this in Edit screen with some expression?

Thank you.

Tomas.

2 Replies
OmarBenSalem

Can you please elaborate this part?

Pool 1: 20,30,22

Pool 2 : 42,61,42

I want to find and display only those teams and their members which meet filtering criteria.

So If i pick from pool1 value 20 and want to have possible just to pick from pool2 value 42 or 61 and when I picj let say 41

Bellow will be whole team 1 displayes.

What do you mean by picking value 20 from pool1, you have possible just to pick from pool2 value 42 and 61?

And what is 41? from where will pick it? It does not exist.

Do you want to create 2 new fields pool1 and pool2?

And for what purpose? Since your data is already associated; with associativity of Qlik, if you select M, you'll only have filtered the guys and their age..

Capture.PNG

I really don't get your point

It will be really helpful to reformulate your idea.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Omar, this is how it would look like, at top we have 2 pools, one for Male Age and One for Female Age, but only values based on data from Fact Table. And when I click in pool 1 on age 10, in pool2 there should be only age 14 for select, because age 10 with M is only in one case, see TeamID 3.

Another Scenarion F with 42 in Pool1 I wan to see 20,30,,22 - age from TeamID 1 and 2.

You got it now?

Thanks.

Qlik_Team.jpg