Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Filtering issues while creating mashup

Hi All,

I am new to mashup and my understanding is that we can combine objects from multiple objects into one web page. 

I was trying to create the mashup web page and trying to add kpi's, line chart, bar chart and filters from two different apps and my selections are filtering only one app. Should we create any type of association for the filter to work. Can someone please help me in with this?

Thanks,

Varun

1 Reply
cpomeren003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Your filters are associated with a specific app and thus will only filter the data in that specific app.

If you want to filter multiple apps at the same time with a filter object, you will need to write some code that applies the selections to the other apps. As far as I know there is no easy way to make an association between two apps, it will always involve some custom code.

If you just want to "clear selections" in all apps at the same time, you can edit some small parts of your javascript code.
Go to your javascript file of your mashup and you will probably find something like this:

var app = qlik.openApp('Consumer Sales.qvf', config);
var app1 = qlik.openApp('Consumer Sales1.qvf', config);

Then find this code:

case 'clearAll':
	app.clearAll();
	break;

And change it to:

case 'clearAll':
	app.clearAll();
	app1.clearAll();
	break;

This way both app and app1 will get cleared. Same applies for the other standard actions, like 'back', 'forward',  'lockAll' etc.