Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filtering out data in a Dimension

Hey guys,

I'm currently trying to make some charts where the only dimension is selected Account Numbers. For example, without even filtering any data I want to display a bar chart which continually shows 5 out of the 100 Account Numbers.

I've managed to do that so far with If statements:

If([Account Code] = 'value', 'value',

If([Account Code] = 'value','value',

0)))))

Which is working well, however my problem is that I want to exclude any data that goes into the '0' so on my bar chart the 0 doesn't even appear, and instead it's only the 5 Account Numbers.

Hope you guys can help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Ok just figured out all I had to do was remove the 0 at the end of the if statement and then remove null values in the dimension.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi James,

Try like this

If(Match([Account Code],  'value', 'value', 'value', 'value', 'value'), 'value')

Now in Dimension tab click on this dimension and select 'Suppress when value is Null' option.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Jagan,

Thanks for the reply, but it's not quite what I'm looking for. It's very close though.

I want each of the account codes to be displayed in sperate columns, not as one columnn.

However that does remove the 0 and I can use that expression for something else I've been trying to do so thanks so much!

James

Not applicable
Author

Ok just figured out all I had to do was remove the 0 at the end of the if statement and then remove null values in the dimension.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi James,

Yes, I removed the 0 in the If statement, then 0 won't be displayed in the dimension value.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I should have given credit to you, I figured it out after looking at your expression.

And you helped me with a seperate problem so thankyou!