cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Find records where multiple columns exceed benchmark

Hi everyone,

I was given a task to show records that have at least three of the specific four fields exceeding their benchmarks.

I have, in the loading script, created columns to indicate the benchmark status of each column needed (refer to attachment). And I am thinking of using script to create a new column to include any possibility of the combinations (when any three of the four fields exceed benchmark, plus when all the four columns exceed benchmark). However I would imagine this last column will be a VERY long script.

Is there any better way of doing this? Basically if any three or all four of these fields is marked as "Over BM xxxx" then they should be marked in the new column as "Risky".

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Would since it is creating a new field based on other three or four fields, a IF function would help.

Details:

I would do this way in one load statement I use IF conditions to produce 1 or 0 based condition on each field.

Then in preload I will use other IF  something like IF(Flag1+Flag2+Flag3+Flag4> 3 , 'Risk' , 'Not Risk') as IsRisk

View solution in original post

2 Replies
guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Would since it is creating a new field based on other three or four fields, a IF function would help.

Details:

I would do this way in one load statement I use IF conditions to produce 1 or 0 based condition on each field.

Then in preload I will use other IF  something like IF(Flag1+Flag2+Flag3+Flag4> 3 , 'Risk' , 'Not Risk') as IsRisk

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Guruprem for your reply. It looks like a very simple and clever way. Although I probably will not use it in this case because I was still hoping to use text to indicate the flags, I will certainly keep it in mind for other applications.