Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siva_boggarapu
Creator II
Creator II

Fine tuning qvd files?

Hi All,

I have two table which are QVD load InvoiceXtable(20M Rows) & CallData(6M  Rows) are two big tables in the datalayer.

I want to tune the above two table. what is the best solution for tuning the table..

For reference, please find the attached screenshot

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is not much one can do re tuning QVD files.

Except maybe partition them into seperate monthly QVD's, but could well mess up any incremental loads.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Uses Exists and not Exists condition or  Group by aggregation function to reduce the Rows and size.

rittermd
Master
Master

You can make sure that the QVD doesn't contain fields that you are not using.  Also, and date/time fields where you don't need the time you can make them just dates and drop the times.

Other than that there is not a lot you can do on the front end to make them smaller.

Also, those sizes are not really what I would consider large. 

siva_boggarapu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

hi

count(distinct IF(InvoiceDateDT - CallDateDT >= 0 and InvoiceDateDT - CallDateDT <= $(vConversionLimit), CallerNumber)) / count(distinct CallerNumber)

Is the above expression gives bad performance? If yes, please suggest how we can modify above expression?

Thanks,

Siva

Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume InvoiceDateDT and CallDateDT are in different tables in your data model and doing calculations across a join between two tables is resource hungry and hence slow.

Could you post a screenshot of your data model ?

Also what is in your variable vConversionLimit ?

siva_boggarapu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

!data.JPG

vConversionLimit=14

marcus_sommer

Better would be to put the condition on the outside of the aggregation and not the inside. I mean:

IF(InvoiceDateDT - CallDateDT >= 0 and InvoiceDateDT - CallDateDT <= $(vConversionLimit),

count(distinct  CallerNumber), 0) / count(distinct CallerNumber)

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable

If Marcus's suggestion does not give you enough improvement then think about concatenating your tables InvoiceXTable and CallData together, thus creating a classic star schema with a single central fact table.

You will need to think carefully before doing this, as there may be implications dependent on what your front expressions are.