Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Applicable88
Creator III
Creator III

Fixate Date for certain diagram, but dont change others

Hello,

I have a bar chart and want to use a date picker to fixate a range of days.

In the tabel I want to filter also certain days.

But if I change the date filter in the table also the bar chart will change. 

Usint {1} excluding function in Set analysist won't help. since it wont change at all when I use it. 

Hope there are solutions to that. 

Best.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Yes alternate states can help you. You can think of an alternate state as a identical but paralell datamodel. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

How should the table date be controlled? Should it not be affected at all from your selection or do you want an alternative period selection for the table?

If it's supposed to be fixed then you could just ignore all calendar fields in the set modifier and maybe modify the date to your desired period. 

If you want an alternative paralell selection of dates then you could look into the concept of Alternate states

Applicable88
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you,

but thats exactly the problem. The date picker should ONLY manage the bar chart function.

But the table should also show all dates, an when I pick a certain range of dates like "the next 5 days" , this shouldn't effect the bar chart.

The I use the indentifier '1' then I cannot switch to other dates in the table as well.

Would alternate states solves this?

Best.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Yes alternate states can help you. You can think of an alternate state as a identical but paralell datamodel.