cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kirsten
Creator II
Creator II

Fixed graph selections on one page

I want to have 6 of the same graphs with different PPG selections. How to do this.

graph 1. PPG1 , PPG2, PPG3

graph 2     PPG4, PPG5, PPG6

But all on one page

See attachment, names hidden due to confidentiality

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ezir
Creator II
Creator II

Hello @Kirsten ,

I don't know if I understood your need, but I think you could create a calculated dimension.

createNewDimension.png

Dimension1 expression: 

if((PPG='PPG1') or (PPG='PPG2') or (PPG='PPG3'), PPG)

Dimension2 expression: 

if((PPG='PPG4') or (PPG='PPG5') or (PPG='PPG6'), PPG)

Then uncheck the dimension properties "Include null values"

Regards,

Ezir

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ezir
Creator II
Creator II

Hello @Kirsten ,

I don't know if I understood your need, but I think you could create a calculated dimension.

createNewDimension.png

Dimension1 expression: 

if((PPG='PPG1') or (PPG='PPG2') or (PPG='PPG3'), PPG)

Dimension2 expression: 

if((PPG='PPG4') or (PPG='PPG5') or (PPG='PPG6'), PPG)

Then uncheck the dimension properties "Include null values"

Regards,

Ezir

Kirsten
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi thanks, it works! But it also messed up my graph a little bit.  I received an additional line at the bottom with text with service area names. I also have an additional bar visible in my graph which are products that can not be matched with a PPG and marked as  - , bars that are not included in the code selection in the dimension.

How to remove the additional line and bar? (see attachment)

Where can I uncheck the dimension properties "Include null values"? Maybe that resolves the bar issue

And how to deal with words with comma’s in the code, only way is to change the word in the masterfile? (see attachment)

Ezir
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @Kirsten 

In chart properties, select the calculated dimension and uncheck like below

nullvalues.png

It is necessary to add an additional instance of the quotes used to quote the string

(PPG='PC''s')

Regards

Ezir

Kirsten
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@Ezir

Is there another place where this code can be used, other than the dimension. Because the graph is being messed up a bit with the dimension :). Maybe as an expression in sort? 

This expression is already in my sort to dictate the order of the service area, now I want to select in the graph only PPG1, PPG2, PPG3 and Service Area 1 (Factory Defect), Service Area 2 (DEFOA) and Service Area 3 (Field replace-War) only

Match([PPG], Dual('Factory Defect',1), Dual('DEFOA',2), Dual('Field Replace-War',3), Dual('Field replace_Contr',4))

How to have all of this integrated in 1 code