Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Force a selection in Qliksense when user logs in

Hi,

How can i force a selection when user logs in.For example i have HR dashbaord with Full Time and Contract employees.When user logs in i want to show only Full time employee with an option of changing it to Contractor with the filter field.

Appreciate your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Dinesh,

the link you sent refers to QlikView - in which it indeed is possible to set a list box as having "always one selected value".

That possibility does not exist in Sense, as far as I know. Some of the extensions on Qlik Branch get somewhat closer, but still not perfect. But take a look at the extensions "Qlik Sense Option List" and "Dimension list (Cycle Group)".
While not perfect, they can maybe assist in achieving what you need.

Ideal would of course be if Qlik included this feature in Sense itself...

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

please check the other post Always one selected value how to enabled?

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Dinesh,

the link you sent refers to QlikView - in which it indeed is possible to set a list box as having "always one selected value".

That possibility does not exist in Sense, as far as I know. Some of the extensions on Qlik Branch get somewhat closer, but still not perfect. But take a look at the extensions "Qlik Sense Option List" and "Dimension list (Cycle Group)".
While not perfect, they can maybe assist in achieving what you need.

Ideal would of course be if Qlik included this feature in Sense itself...

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sander

Not applicable
Author

Thank You both.Yes i was referring to Sense and it would be nice if Qlik can come up with this option so that we can default a selection in the app.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

HI Sujan - your request has been seen and entered into our system. There aren't any guarantees that the feature will make it into the product. However, I wanted to let you know that we saw it and take user's feedback into consideration.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Is this requirement  up in qlik sense. Defaulting the filter value for something when we launch for the first time.?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Still no possibility to force a selection ?

Regards

burak_ersoy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dear mto‌,

Do you have any updates on force a selection feature?

Thanks,

Burak

IsakBosman
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Michael,

Yes, such a feature will be quite helpful in Qlik Sense.

Please advise if it perhaps have come closer to fruition in the meantime?

Thanks,

Isak