Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

vicobi123
New Contributor III

Foreign Key two fields coming from the same table to another table QlikSense

I would like to link these two fields coming from the same table to another table. The value in the two fields are the same and that's why i want to link them to the same table. This is an example below.

Games Table

Home TeamAway TeamHome GoalsAway Goals
Man UnitedArsenal 21
West HamMan United01

I want to create an application where you can filter on teams. I know i have to create a table called "Teams" of all the 20 premier league teams, therefore i would like to link HomeTeam and AwayTeam to the teams table but of course the field have to be different names. Is there a smart way i can trick QlikSense to link these two fields to the same table.

I have tried to create HomeTeam as a table of its own and Away Team as it's own and link them in their individual tables and then left join then in a new table but I cannot left join them because if i use the FK as a left join it will give me the example below

Home TeamAway TeamHome Goals Away Goals

Man United                                        Man United                                   2                                                       1

Anyone please help.

Thanks,

Vic

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eduardo_dimperi
Valued Contributor II

Re: Foreign Key two fields coming from the same table to another table QlikSense

Try Concatenate instead use join.

1 Reply
eduardo_dimperi
Valued Contributor II

Re: Foreign Key two fields coming from the same table to another table QlikSense

Try Concatenate instead use join.