Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Format Number in Thousands for Master Items

Hi guys,

I have created a Measure under Master Items which sums up the Sales (sum(Sales)).

What I would like to do is to display these Sales in thousands whenever I want (in certain tables) without modifying the Master Item.

Let's say that sum(Sales) = $1,200,000

I would like to display in my table: $1,200K

Can I do this by adjusting the format in the Table options without altering the Master Items Measure?

I tried to use the Number formatting but I was not successful.

Capture.PNG

Thank you,

Radu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

this is not doable via number formating, you need to make this in your calculation. So I would probably use two different master measures, one of them would show numbers in Ks.

The other option is to define a master measure as Sum(Sales)/$vUnits and then use qsVariable extension (http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/56728f52d1e497241ae697f8) to manipulate vUnits variable value to devide actual Sum(Sales) by 1, 1000 ...

Hope this helps.

Juraj

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Yes you can I guess..

Add the Master Measure and do the thing what you are doing above. Shouldn't be a problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

But it doesn't work since I can't divide the Master Item to 1000 to actually display the correct number in K.

arulsettu
Master III
Master III

try this and set number format to auto

if(sum(Sales)>'1000000','$'&num(sum(Sales)/1000,'##,##0K'))

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

this is not doable via number formating, you need to make this in your calculation. So I would probably use two different master measures, one of them would show numbers in Ks.

The other option is to define a master measure as Sum(Sales)/$vUnits and then use qsVariable extension (http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/56728f52d1e497241ae697f8) to manipulate vUnits variable value to devide actual Sum(Sales) by 1, 1000 ...

Hope this helps.

Juraj

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Oh, ok... It has to be set within the expression...

The number formatting can be done Auto, which your expression and 'By Expression'

Use K number formatting in your expression for master measure and then customize your number to money in normal format.

Ex: num(sum(Month)/1000,'$#.# k')

This would give you numbers in K

But in your chart you can modify this > Money> $#,##0.000