cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III

Full Reload after partial reload

I have a situation where I would like to do through the script a full reload in case there is a partial reload.

In my document I have two possiblitis now:

• Commit a partial reload that would add some data to some tables
  • Commit a full reload that would fully reload the data

The thing is that after a partial rleoad, I would also like to commit a full reload. I am trying with the replace and/or add sentences but the script gets very complex (tables need to have the same format, it requires a drop of each of them etc...).

Is there any simple way of doing through the script a full reload after a partial reload takes place?

Thank you.

Labels (4)
3 Replies
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

As Partial load happens either by using add or replace, that means the tables which your trying to Add/Replace should be same in structure.

or else we need to force concatenate them.

By using add statement it will load both old and new tables data into it. There is no point of reloading the app completely again.

For which reason, you want it to reload completely. Explain the scenario?

Also, if your data set is huge and suffered with prolonged loading time . You can do binary load as well. Later you can make QVD's after consolidated data been availed.

HTH,

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Partial reload and full reload have different aims in my case.

Partial reload is adding new data that is being included by the user, while the full reload's aim is to reload the app to see the new data.

The thing is that once the user adds this new data through the partial reload, I would like to reload all the data also, and as you can see with the behaviour of add/replace in partial reloads it is very hard to add this sentences in the script of such complexity, so I was wondering if there was a simple way just to do a full reload through a partial reload without modifying the script.

In my case data is not an issue, the issue is the complexity of the script (creation of many tables, add of columns, etc...) to add the add/replace sentences

Thank you.

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

As in your case, 

If you add new table there you can keep an add condition. Where ever you load it newly into app.Next Time when you open the app back you can replace  All "Add/Replace Load " with "Load" .  It should work this way.

My suggestion is like, load everything into QVD's before bringing into main app. So every time you  will reload your QVD Extractors, when ever new data arrives.

This is the best approach for handling.

If Still,i am missing anything means. let me know your scenario in detail.

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”