Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akeswani
Creator
Creator

G3 Broker API issue with hub, after June 2019 upgrade

Hello,

Some of our users, who are the Root Admins, on Qliksense, are getting this error when trying to go to hub:

Cannot establish a connection: Qlik Sense G3 Broker API 

We recently upgraded Qliksense from April'19 to June'19 release.

I have tried everything as per this qlik support article :

G3 Broker API

the hub service is running on 9028, as i see in the hubservice log:

Hub Service listening on: https://:::9028

and also, in resource monitor, it shows node.exe running on port 9028. 

I do not see any key "ReadAccessControlMode" in Repository.exe.config, but i added one and restarted services, nothing changed.

is there any other solution to this problem ?  anything else i can check to make sure it works  for those users ? the users are not new and have been on this environment till now.  

thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
akeswani
Creator
Creator
Author

We got this resolved with the help of Qlik Support. 

the users having this issue, were in too many AD Groups, which was the reason we suspected. We asked our Security team to turn off the group information as we were not sending it through Qlik anyway. That resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

For any chance you have Nprinting? 

Best Regards,

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
akeswani
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey Gio !

no, we are not using NPrinting for Qliksense yet. the server has only Qliksense ,and June'2019 version on it.

is there anything else I can check ? anything changed in June release ?

Thanks

Giuseppe_Novello

Okay, then it is not a issue I was thinking about, then best option here would be to check with devtools what call is hanging so long. Open your browser ( prefer Chrome) > Press F12 > go to Network tab > in the URL address bar type the HUB address and go the> the Network will fill with different calls, check the call that time long time or gets a 404 error. 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
akeswani
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Gio. I will ask the users who are getting this problem, i always go to Dev tools on IE and Chrome to check for any errors :-).  

akeswani
Creator
Creator
Author

We got this resolved with the help of Qlik Support. 

the users having this issue, were in too many AD Groups, which was the reason we suspected. We asked our Security team to turn off the group information as we were not sending it through Qlik anyway. That resolved the issue.

ericschmid
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

For those where turning groups off is not an option - looks like they are issuing a patch for this soon per this support article: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000086577

As of today June 2019 Patch 6 doesn't appear available to download but I assume a release is imminent.

yunus_emre
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Dear Giuseppe_Novello,

We are using Nprinting and we have the same issue in Qlik Sense. We have a lot of users in Nprinting and all of them have different filters. When I started tasks in Nprinting, Qlik Sense Repository Service CPU increase too much. Then, G3 Broker API error is happening. Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot.