Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karthick_hoag
Contributor
Contributor

GUID vs App Name

Hi,

Need your help to solve the following issue:

I had one dashboard "ABC" in "Work" Stream,  then I published it in another "BI" Stream with the same name ABC. Now, I duplicated the dashboard in the "Work" Stream ABC(1) and did some  changes. Now, I published ABC(1) in the "BI" stream with the same name "ABC". But I see two dashboards with the same name ABC in the "BI" stream. I understand that because these two dashboards at the back end are stored as two separate GUIDs. So, I deleted the secondly published dashboard from the "BI" stream. My question is how can I re-publish the ABC(1) dashboard to the "BI" stream with the originally published dashboard (not as a separate one)?

Thanks,

Karthick S

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

When you say the Work stream, do you mean this section:

my-work.png

If so then this isn't so much a stream, as a collection of unpublished apps that you own.

That being said, the work-flow would be one of two routes:

Hub & QMC Based (only option before Qlik Sense Enterprise June 2018):

• Hub: Start with app ABC published to stream BI
  • QMC > Apps: Duplicate the app
  • Hub: Make any changes that are needed
  • QMC > Apps: Publish
    • Select Stream
    • Toggle Replace existing app
    • Select app
    • Example:

qmc-publish_and_replace.png

Hub Based (Qlik Sense June 2018+):

• Hub: Start with app ABC published to stream BI
  • Hub: Duplicate the app
  • Hub: Make any changes that are needed
  • Hub: Right Click on app > Publish > Toggle replace the existing app
  • Example:

hub-p_and_r.png

Hope that helps.

karthick_hoag
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks LeviTurner for the reply.

When I published the ABC dashboard from "Work" to "BI" stream, i do not remember it asked for the "Replace existing app" prompt.  In BI stream, there were two dashboards, So I deleted the previously published one and kept the latest one. But I shared the users the GUID of the previously published one.

Is there a way I can change the GUID of the latest dashboard with the guid of the previous dashboard. So that I do not need to tell the user that there is a change in the GUID. Because the user does not use the HUB directly instead we have shared the GUID of the dashboard 

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I am unaware of any way of changing an app GUID, @karthick_hoag .

karthick_hoag
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for response