Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carlaf_93
Creator II
Creator II

Gauge graph

Good morning,

i would like to show a gauge with annual values.

I thought that if i select two years at the same time it would give a medium value...

But it's not exactly the exact amount...

Can somebody explain the value?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, with sum(valore)/sum(tr)  it will do 60/9. To do an average by year you can use:

Avg(Aggr(sum(valore)/sum(tr),year)). So it calculates each year and then does the average of those results

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi @Carlaf_93 can you post a capture of what you are doing? (the object and the expression used) The value the gauge shows depends on the expression it has to calculate, it will show a medium if the expression is set to calculate the medium, or it will sum year if the expression tells to sum values.

Carlaf_93
Creator II
Creator II
Author

those are, for example, my data:

[table]:
load * inline [
year, valore,tr,
2018, 30,2,
2019, 20,3,
2020,10,4];

and in the gauge i have this expression: 

sum(valore)/sum(tr)

i thoght that the value displayed when i select two years would be the avg... But it's not..

How can i have the exact value when i select the secific year and the avg of the selected ones when i select more?

rubenmarin

Hi, with sum(valore)/sum(tr)  it will do 60/9. To do an average by year you can use:

Avg(Aggr(sum(valore)/sum(tr),year)). So it calculates each year and then does the average of those results