Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tuame
Contributor II
Contributor II

Generating of dropoff counts by page

Hi all

I have a session events table which captures pageviews which looks a bit like this:

SessionIDSessionEventIdDateTimePageEventType
1111/03/2021+093144StartPageView
1211/03/2021+093201IntroPageView
1311/03/2021+093230DataEntryPageView
24etcStartPageView
25etcIntroPageView
36etcStartPageView

7etcStartPageView
48etcIntroPageView

I want to make a bar chart with the drop-offs at each page. I can't really do this in the data load editor as I need the pages to be linked to a separate table which has the page order so I can order by page order:

PageOrder
Start1
Intro2
DataEntry3

I've managed to create a table of last pages by session using =FirstSortedValue(Page,-DateTime) and =FirstSortedValue(SessionEventId,-DateTime):

SessionIDSessionEventIdPage
13DataEntry
25Intro
36Start
48Intro

I thought using Count(aggr(FirstSortedValue(SessionEventId,-DateTime),Distinct SessionID)) in a table where Page is a dimension would do what I needed but instead it just sums all the distinct SessionIDs and puts them against Start. 

PageWhat I wantWhat I'm getting
Start14
Intro20
DataEntry10

I think I'm not quite wrapping my head around dimensions properly and how they work in charts. Any help would be appreciated. 

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Tuame
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I've made some progress! So by setting LastPageSeen =aggr(FirstSortedValue(Page,-TimeStamp),SessionID) as a dimension in the table then I can do Count(Distinct SessionID) to get counts by last page seen. 

What's missing in this is the ordering now of LastPageSeen! It doesn't seem to respond if I try order it by Order. So now the quetsion is how do I link a calculated dimension to another dimension so I can get the ordering in