Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsdeepak284
Contributor II
Contributor II

Geo map in qliksense

Hi,

I have to create geo map in qliksense, i have qliksense desktop version, so need guidance from the basic to extra level of creation geo map like all the requirements for creation geo map, what are all the extensions needed to create geo map.

7 Replies
campbellr
Creator
Creator

Hi Deepak

You'll need a list of the objects you want to place on a map and their lat/long coordinates.

Within the load script you'll need to load this list with an identifier and use the function GeoMakePoint(y,x) using the x and y from your list of place names with coordinates. When I have done this I have used applyMap to add a location to each row of data. Stay with me. mapping functions for data vs mapping of data to actual map. I apologise in advance as the work map is used for both.

This is a helpful doc I found just after adding this reply. Has links to some data sets for locations.

World Mapping File For Qlik Sense Maps (KML Shape and Point)

Load script:

MapLocation:

Mapping

LOAD Distinct

ServiceNam AS HS,

GeoMakePoint(Y,X) as Location

FROM <your source of coordinates>

//Data load

Load

ApplyMap('MapLocation',EntityName,'<Unknown>') AS Location,

*;

Load

EntityName,

From Data source

TAG FIELDS Location WITH $geopoint;      

TAG FIELDS EntityName WITH $geoname;

Then in the app add a map from charts.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

you dont need anything. It's out of the box.

read help first:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Visualizations/Map/load-map-data....

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Visualizations/Map/Map.htm

and mayb euse "search"

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/search/?q=map

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ron,

In April version you don't need to do anything you have described above as it is using location lookups

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
campbellr
Creator
Creator

Hi Lech

When I did a map the raw data didn't have and location information, it was based on hospital names so I needed some way to tell it where they are.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What i meant is that in your scenario you still need to deliver long and lat (or some sort of coordinates) but you don't need to do GeoMakePoint() or TAG FIELDS anymore.

regards

Lech

campbellr
Creator
Creator

OK cool, it was a while ago I used this feature. Glad they have taken out that part.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yep - it is pretty handy - especialy when you playing with data at the very beggining. saves you a lot of time.