Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhamodharan_Meiyalagan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Get number of Active Users for selected months.

Hi there, I’m stuck up with one task below. I need to find the active users based on the month filter selection in the report. Consider the below sample data set. Aug-21 Sep-21 Oct-21 Customer A Customer A Customer A Customer B Customer C Customer C Customer D Customer D Customer E When I'm filtering for the last 3 months , I would like to to see the count as 1 customer because Customer A is active for all the months. what I get here is the total count as 9. I'm using count operation. I'm not getting the calculation of how to implement this logic. Can somebody help? Thanks, Dhamodharan.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenjaminT
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Is the condition that in order to count, the customer must have been active for ALL of the currently selected months? If so, you could try the following expression:

count(if(aggr(count(distinct month), customer) = '$(=count(distinct month))', customer))

where month and customer are your fields in the app.

Thanks

Ben

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BenjaminT
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Is the condition that in order to count, the customer must have been active for ALL of the currently selected months? If so, you could try the following expression:

count(if(aggr(count(distinct month), customer) = '$(=count(distinct month))', customer))

where month and customer are your fields in the app.

Thanks

Ben

Dhamodharan_Meiyalagan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply. It provides the correct count of users now.

If I want to include a Product dimension inside this logic, for example, I want to see the number of active user for the continuous months broken down by product? 

I appreciate your time. 

Thanks,

Dhamodharan.

BenjaminT
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Dhamodharan,

You should be able to use Product as a dimension in a chart (table or bar chart most likely) and then use the expression above as the measure to see the breakdown

Does that work?

Ben

Dhamodharan_Meiyalagan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ben,

The below code works for adding product dimension.

=count(if(aggr(count(distinct month), customer,product) = '$(=count(distinct month))', customer))

Thanks for your time. Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dhamodharan.