Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ugurarslan
Creator
Creator

Get result of a hard coded chart KPI in a different expression in a different chart

Dear all,

I have a chart object "KPI" where I fill in manually a number like '10', which I need to change on a daily base.

I also have a different chart "Table" where in the expression I need to include the hardcoded value. Example of an expression: Sum([AR USD]) * '10'.

Is there a possibility to have a get field selection for the hardcoded number in the expression so I only need to update the KPI and all different expressions related to this KPI will be changed automatically. Like something Sum(AR USD) * 'GetHardCoded value in KPI'.

Thanks for all the great help.

Ugur

Labels (1)
6 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be use a variable for the KPI object and the chart... this way you can update the variable and both the places will be updated?

ugurarslan
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot

How to I do that?

sunny_talwar

Do what? create a variable? You can do it from the script or you can go to the Edit mode and click on the variable button near the bottom left hand side of the window

image.png

ugurarslan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

My access do not have the option to create a variable.

Ugur

ugurarslan
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot, my option is greyed out do to security reasons.

sunny_talwar

I am not sure what else you can do. May be someone with more expertise in Qlik Sense may be able to offer better help