Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Applicable88
Creator III
Creator III

Get the count of a value which has no subset, since its the association of two tables

Hello,

I have two tables. These are linked via the Order ID. 

On one side I have the planned orders to be made.  And on the other side I have a simple table with the finished Orders and when  it was finished:

Order Idtimestamp 

In the visualization I build a table with all the order ID's and the one I finished:

count()if(timestamp>0, finished, closed
OrderStatus
1234finished
1235finished
1236finished
1237finished
1238-
1239-
1240-
1241-
1242-
1243-
1244-
1245-
1246-

Since the ordernumberID is the linked association, all the numbers are null on the other side when the order has no timestamp yet. 

I need to count all orders which aren't finished yet. So it would mean to count these lines where the respective orderID has an '-' on the otherside. Since no timestamp.The problem is I can't cound null or empty fields. Since they have no subset yet I don't even know is it a Null, 0 or empty field? 

My second question : Since the subset is still not there also the fields cannot expressed with:

if(timestamp>0, 'finished', 'closed')

Since again its empty no 'closed' expression can be put there. 

I hope someone has an solution to that. Note that a simple count(orderID) won’t work, since I don’t want count all. I only want to count the orderID  without a timestamp yet based on today for example. The date column wasn’t put in to simplify my explanation.

Thank you.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

for creating a dimension of status , use this expression 

=aggr(if(timeStamp>0,'finished','closed'),OrderId)

for counting the number of open orders you can use this expression 

count(distinct if(len(timeStamp)<2,OrderId))

another way will be to do it in the script , to flag open orders , and to calculate the status 

View solution in original post

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

for the dimension 

the reason simple if didn't work is that there is no value for the field timestamp for the orders , and your expression is calculated on the timestamp field  directly , while the aggr function creates a virtual table with two columns order and the calculation so now you have a null value for timestamp for each order and you can calculate the expression 

as for the counter 

it worked on demo data but you can use similar approach like this 

sum(aggr(if(timeStamp>0,0,1),OrderId))

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

for creating a dimension of status , use this expression 

for counting the number of open orders you can use this expression 

another way will be to do it in the script , to flag open orders , and to calculate the status 

Applicable88
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello @lironbaram ,

thank you very much for the quick reply.

The first one works out

I have a question why  if(timestamp>0,'finished', 'closed' ) haven't return me the same value?

The other one to solve the 2nd problem 

returns too much value. I just want to return these values without timestamps, empty or null,(I don't know for sure) 

But

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

for the dimension 

the reason simple if didn't work is that there is no value for the field timestamp for the orders , and your expression is calculated on the timestamp field  directly , while the aggr function creates a virtual table with two columns order and the calculation so now you have a null value for timestamp for each order and you can calculate the expression 

as for the counter 

it worked on demo data but you can use similar approach like this 

sum(aggr(if(timeStamp>0,0,1),OrderId))