Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

md_anasabbasi
New Contributor

Getcurrentfield() equivalent in Qlik sense

I'm trying to convert an app in qlik sense from qlik view.

There I encountered with a variable in which '=getcurrentfield(Time)' as expression was present.

But when I tried to make a variable in Qlik sense I couldnt find the getcurrentfield() function in qlik Sense.

What should I do now? Is there any function or expression which can work in the same way as the above mentioned one?

Thanks & regards,

Anas Abbasi !

15 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: Getcurrentfield() equivalent in Qlik sense

I don't think Qlik Sense thus far has allows you to create groups and this particular function is related to Cycle or Drill Down Groups.

simondachstr
Valued Contributor III

Qlik Sense allows you to create Drill Down groups, however they can not be referenced in a way that is possible in QlikView.

MVP
MVP

Must be a new thing. Apologies for misguiding

anjali0108
Contributor II

Hi Anas,

Here are some of the script and chart functions of Qlikview that are not supported by Qliksense :

GetCurrentField  l  GetExtendedProperty  l  Input  l  InputAvg  l  InputSum etc.

GetCurrentField is one of them .

You can use GetFieldSelections(Time) for the creating the variable in Qliksense.

Syntax: GetFieldSelections ( field_name [, value_sep [, max_values]]) Return data type: string

Examples Results:

Given that John is selected in First name. GetFieldSelections ([First name]) results John.

Hope it helps

Not applicable

You could try a potentially long IF statement, making use of GETSELECTEDCOUNT

e.g. you have a Drill Down with three dimensions: Dim1 > Dim2 > Dim3

GETCURRENTFIELD(<DrillDown>) could be written as:

IF(GETSELECTEDCOUNT([Dim1])=1 AND GETSELECTEDCOUNT([Dim2])=1 AND GETSELECTEDCOUNT([Dim3])=1,'Dim3',

IF(GETSELECTEDCOUNT([Dim1])=1 AND GETSELECTEDCOUNT([Dim2])=1,'Dim2','Dim1'))

Not applicable

oops - my mistake:

IF(GETSELECTEDCOUNT([Dim1])=1 AND GETSELECTEDCOUNT([Dim2])=1,'Dim3',

IF(GETSELECTEDCOUNT([Dim1])=1,'Dim2','Dim1'))

simondachstr
Valued Contributor III

This works fine if the user actually drill-down through the group selecting each dimension one by one. However, the drill-down group switches when there is only one possible value in the parent dimension. This does not necessary have to be a selection, but could also be an implicit selection.

e.g. if I select London, the only possible Country will be UK and therefore the drill-down dimension goes to City Level.

Not applicable

hmmm - perhaps use COUNT([Dim1]) instead...

IF(COUNT([Dim1])<=1 AND COUNT([Dim2])<=1,'Dim3',

IF(COUNT([Dim1])<=1,'Dim2','Dim1'))

reddys310
Honored Contributor II

Did you try out the alternative dimensions property in Qliksense. This could be used like cyclic groups in Qlikview