Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chinmay7
Contributor II
Contributor II

Getselectedcount function not working with Dates fields

Nay alternative for Getselectedcount() function.I am using this function for getting count of date after selectedthe range of dates from Date picker extension.Extension is working fine.but getselectedcount of date is showing zero always.

Kindly help me resolve this.

7 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

Can you see your selection in the selection toolbar? Have you verified the spelling of the field name in the GetSelectedCount() call??

Erik Wetterberg

chinmay7
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

yes spelling is correct

Anonymous
Not applicable

What happens if you use GetPossibleCount() instead ?

chinmay7
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I am enabling table if getselected count of date is greater than 0.let me know how we can use getpossible count for this

Anonymous
Not applicable

In your expression simply replace GetSelectedCount with GetPossibleCount

ErikWetterberg

And the selection appears in the selection toolbar? Before switching to GetPossibleCount() (could be a good idea) you might want to read the documentation. What do you want to do? Force the user to make a selection in the date field or make any selection that restricts the date selection?

Erik Wetterberg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also maybe create 2 Text objects, one to display the GetSelectedCount and the other GetPossibleCount, so you can easily see what values they return.