Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manish_Kumar_
Creator
Creator

Getting Error Code.-2 randomly in Qlik Sense

Qlik Sense Version - Qlik Sense Enterprise (Feb 2021 version 14.5.4)
Server Configuration - 256GB RAM (dedicated Qlik Sense server)
Error - Screenshot attached below, occurs randomly

Manish_Kumar__1-1684481830984.png

Possible Solution (Supported by @Sonja_Bauernfeind , @Damien_Villaret ) - Qlik Sense: Error Code -2 Object Not found in mash... - Qlik Community - 1798818

ASK - Now according to above Support Article this error is kind of bug and We can suppress this popup by adding below code
app.on('error', (er) => {YourErrorHandler})
I am using Vizlib extensions which are possible cause for this error, Where should I add the above on method to suppress the error code

Manish Kumar, Senior Business Analyst
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

Hello @Manish_Kumar_ 

Just for some visibility on when this error is output, this is the code that is displaying the error:

C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\2446.c027d01f7b02f8bcf1b3.js (file name and variable names are different based on the qlik version, these are the file/variables names in Qlik Sense May 2022 Patch11)

if (a && null === a.qHandle && null === a.qType) {
       var l = I(h.OBJECT_NOT_FOUND, "Object not found");
       return e.config.Promise.reject(l);
    }

If the object exist, and the qHandle property and the qType property of the object are null then it will return the error "Object not found".

If you suspect the issue is related to the VizLib extension, I would say reach out to Vizlib and ask them to check if the extension you are using have proper qHandle and qType properties on all the objects it creates.

It would require some changes in the extension code to suppress the error if that is the case.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

Hello @Manish_Kumar_ 

Just for some visibility on when this error is output, this is the code that is displaying the error:

C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\2446.c027d01f7b02f8bcf1b3.js (file name and variable names are different based on the qlik version, these are the file/variables names in Qlik Sense May 2022 Patch11)

if (a && null === a.qHandle && null === a.qType) {
       var l = I(h.OBJECT_NOT_FOUND, "Object not found");
       return e.config.Promise.reject(l);
    }

If the object exist, and the qHandle property and the qType property of the object are null then it will return the error "Object not found".

If you suspect the issue is related to the VizLib extension, I would say reach out to Vizlib and ask them to check if the extension you are using have proper qHandle and qType properties on all the objects it creates.

It would require some changes in the extension code to suppress the error if that is the case.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.