Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yatra_qlik
Contributor
Contributor

Getting dimension's value in the bar chart even if Corresponding measure is null.

Hi,
I have a timestamp  dimension common for 4 tables.

Now if I plot this dimension against a measure on a Bar/Line chart if for some minute of the hour the value does not exist, it eliminates from the chart.

For example, if I am looking for different colors Shirts sold per minute of the day. My data for an hour say between 16:00 to 17:00 will look like this:

16:01 - 4

16:02 - 5

16:03 - 2 and so on for every minute till 17:00.

Now take a case of RED shirts

16:01 - 1

16:02 - 0

16:03 - 1

and so on.

When I select RED from the color filter on the sheet the dimension on the graph does not show 16:02.

In a nutshell, on any selection, if in a minute, I have 0 sales for any combination of selections, my chart of Sales per minute should reflect a zero for that minute so that I know intuitively in which minute my sales was ZERO.

Also, this leads to calculating false average lines on the graph. Like in the case of Red Shirts the average for 3 minutes should be 2/3 but if 16:02 is not displayed it calculates 1/1.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

4 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

uncheck supress zero values on Presentation tab, also post some sample data app with desired o/p

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

https://www.resultdata.com/force-qlikview-to-show-zero-values-on-a-chart/

Vineeth Pujari
yatra_qlik
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi vinieme12

Please look Zero Snip.PNG
I want 12:28 PM, 12:31 PM and 12:32 PM and 12:44PM on the x-axis (Dimension) with measure value as null

I  have tried the above 2. Also in the measure, I have tried if condition as If (count(xyz) >0 ,count(xyz),0) it is also not working.

NOTE: "Time" Dimension is the joining key across 4 tables.

Above Snapshot is for a filter (Like RED Shirts) as mentioned in the original Question.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

have you tried this?

Do the following:

1. In sheet view, click @Edit in the toolbar.
  2. Click the line chart that you want to edit.
  3. In the properties panel, click the Appearance tab.
  4. In the X-axis section, check Use continuous scale.The chart is compressed and the data points and labels are readjusted.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.0/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Visualizations/time-aware-charts.htm

Vineeth Pujari