Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ratier
Contributor III
Contributor III

Getting the 2th largest number in a List of Measures

I have 6 Master Itens classified as Measures, let's say A,B,C,D,E,F. Let's call them ListOfMeasures.

I want to establish a ranking order for each measure, let's say A>F>D>B>C>E.

My goal is to change the value of A to the value of E, change the value of F to the value of C and change the value of D to the value of B.

The logic I was aiming for was, for each Measure in ListOfMeasures

• If(Rank(ListOfMeasures)=1,Max(ListOfMeasures,6),
  • If(Rank(ListOfMeasures)=2,Max(ListOfMeasures,5),
  • If(Rank(ListOfMeasures)=3,Max(ListOfMeasures,4),
  • If(Rank(ListOfMeasures)=4,Max(ListOfMeasures,3),
  • If(Rank(ListOfMeasures)=5,Max(ListOfMeasures,2),
  • If(Rank(ListOfMeasures)=6,Max(ListOfMeasures,1))))))

Things I tried:

• Rank() function can't rank a list of Measures, only a list of values of a given field;
  • RangeMax function works, giving me the greatest value among A,B,C,D,E,F.  It'is limited though, since I can only obtain the 1th greatest value and not the 2th and so on.
  • wildmatch(RangeMax(),,,,) gives me the position of the greatest. I can't use it for each case as the code would be gigantic and slow to process
  • firstsortedvalue() has the same problem as Rank()

How can I sort this out?

Labels (5)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

@Ratier  share sample data with expected output

View solution in original post

Ratier
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Got It by myself but I thank you for the help

I created 6 variables:

• vA=Formula of Measure A
  • vB=Formula of Measure B
  • vC=Formula of Measure C
  • vD=Formula of Measure D
  • vE=Formula of Measure E
  • vF=Formula of Measure F

Then, for exemple, to change the value of vB based on it's rank among A,B,C,D,E and F, I used:

• If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),1),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),6),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),2),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),5),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),3),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),4),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),4),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),3),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),5),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),2),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),6),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),1)
  • ))))))

Using the same formula for vA,vC,vD,vE and vF but changing the variable in red to the corresponding one, I can reverse the values as I intended:

• greatest value changing to the lowest value among the 6.
  • 2th greatest value changing to the 2th lowest value among the 6.
  • and so on...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@Ratier  share sample data with expected output

Ratier
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Got It by myself but I thank you for the help

I created 6 variables:

• vA=Formula of Measure A
  • vB=Formula of Measure B
  • vC=Formula of Measure C
  • vD=Formula of Measure D
  • vE=Formula of Measure E
  • vF=Formula of Measure F

Then, for exemple, to change the value of vB based on it's rank among A,B,C,D,E and F, I used:

• If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),1),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),6),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),2),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),5),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),3),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),4),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),4),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),3),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),5),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),2),
  • If('$(=$(vB))'=Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),6),Max(ValueList('$(=$(vA))','$(=$(vB))','$(=$(vC))','$(=$(vD))','$(=$(vE))','$(=$(vF))'),1)
  • ))))))

Using the same formula for vA,vC,vD,vE and vF but changing the variable in red to the corresponding one, I can reverse the values as I intended:

• greatest value changing to the lowest value among the 6.
  • 2th greatest value changing to the 2th lowest value among the 6.
  • and so on...