Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Giving numbers a reference point

I am building a dashboard where I want to show the average of a measure for the particular dimension I have selected on.  But I also want to put that number in context by showing it for the whole business so that a comparison can be made.  Is this possible.

To explain further, we have average premium by broker, and I want to pick one broker and show most of my dashboard relative to this broker, but also give them numbers some context by showing some figures across all brokers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Alastair - Oleg is correct.

Using Set Analysis for a Measure - which you can define both in the Chart object expression AND/OR as a Measure in the master items.

For example: Avg({1-$}Sales) - Will give you average sales for all other Sales Excluding the current selection.

See the example app - copy to C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps  and refresh the Qlik Sense Desktop by pressing F5

Please mark the appropriate replies as correct or helpful so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Actually I think I have managed to do this by breaking the link to the master dimension.  Is that the right way to do it?

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Why not use Set Analysis {1} for the comparison calculations, to ignore all selections? Or, use Set Analysis with specific modifiers to ignore just some of the selections?

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Come and learn Set Analysis and Advanced Aggregation with me at www.masterssummit.com - take your QlikView skills to the next level!

Not applicable
Author

Hi, thanks - I'm not sure if you can get at the set analysis in qlik sense and customise it enough - was your answer in reference to qlikview?  sorry I'm very new to this

Not applicable
Author

Put some information in excel o write yours tables for help you...

Regards!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

with set analysis {1} you can ignore selections but dimensions will be still taken into account.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Alastair - Oleg is correct.

Using Set Analysis for a Measure - which you can define both in the Chart object expression AND/OR as a Measure in the master items.

For example: Avg({1-$}Sales) - Will give you average sales for all other Sales Excluding the current selection.

See the example app - copy to C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps  and refresh the Qlik Sense Desktop by pressing F5

Please mark the appropriate replies as correct or helpful so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Here is a great tool that will help build a Set Analysis Expression for you as well

Set Analysis Wizard for QlikView | qlikblog.at

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Just to clarify - Set Analysis logic equally applies to QlikView and Qlik Sense.

Not applicable
Author

What is the syntax for using set analysis with specific modifiers?  Thanks for all the help!