Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joydipp1988
Creator
Creator

Good to have features in Qlik Sense new version

Hi Mich,  @Michael_Tarallo

I've listed a few items that are not present in the recent release but can be very helpful in Qlik Sense app development if added in the next releases. Please find the list below-

1) QS HUB related:

• Whenever opening or refreshing the QS HUB, dashboards are represented as Grid View and applications sorted Alphabetically. How to customize the default view as ListView and sorting as Created Date so that it doesn't change on every refresh?
  • Grouping Dashboards in QS Desktop HUB-

What is the issue:
Sometimes in the QS development environment, under one Stream, we have multiple applications each having multiple layers i.e. Extractor, Data Model and Dashboard, and multiple copies of the dashboard as well. When the application numbers increase, the HUB looks very messy. So, it would be good if we can group them together in the form of a folder.

E.g. All apps related to Sales dashboard goes under SALES folder and Inventory apps goes under INVENTORY folder in HUB.

2) Script Window/Editor related:

• In the Edit script section, when trying to replace a string, there's no option available as "Replace All" to replace a particular string in all the tabs in Script Editor. The "Replace All in Section" only replaces the string in the same tab but not in all other tabs.
  • When loading data from SQL Databases, there should have an option to load the table as "*" or all the fields in the Select statement.

That's how the SQL load data now:

SQL SELECT DepartmentID,

Name,

GroupName,

ModifiedDate

FROM AdventureWorks2016CTP3.HumanResources.Department;

I want the load script like below:

/*
SQL SELECT *
FROM AdventureWorks2016CTP3.HumanResources.Department;
*/

• No settings are available to change the font size or font type of QS script code.

3) Dashboard related:

• Copying all objects together in a dashboard or selecting multiple objects and Copy + Paste to another sheet.
  • Adding multiple columns in Table in one go. Right now we have to add the columns one by one in a Table which is cumbersome
  • A customizable grid in dashboard chart development. Currently, we have only 3 options available, i.e. Narrow, Medium, and Wide.

What is the issue:
Currently, all dashboards can fit only within the grid lines. I would like to increase or decrease the length or width of a chart as per my choice that's not bound to the grid lines.

Thanks,
Joy

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hey,

Let me add few more to the list:

4) Allow conditional show for objects.

5) Allow custom design for Mobile screens or at least introduce a "Hide in mobile" mode for an object/sheet.

6) Visuals:

6.1) Enhance the Bar chart / Combo chart so that 2dim/2measures is out of the box

6.2) Introduce a couple of options for an out-of-the-box traffic light chart

7) Allow the variables text-box to be expanded

😎 One that bugs me a lot: Make it possible for CodeMirror reminders and auto-complete to be turned off for both back-end and front-end script editing

9) Allow objects overlap (I know this is super tricky to achieve using angular and given the current architecture)

I hope this thread gets acknowledged. 🙂

QS is a great tool and I'd love to see it grow even further.

Kind regards,

S.T.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hey,

Let me add few more to the list:

4) Allow conditional show for objects.

5) Allow custom design for Mobile screens or at least introduce a "Hide in mobile" mode for an object/sheet.

6) Visuals:

6.1) Enhance the Bar chart / Combo chart so that 2dim/2measures is out of the box

6.2) Introduce a couple of options for an out-of-the-box traffic light chart

7) Allow the variables text-box to be expanded

😎 One that bugs me a lot: Make it possible for CodeMirror reminders and auto-complete to be turned off for both back-end and front-end script editing

9) Allow objects overlap (I know this is super tricky to achieve using angular and given the current architecture)

I hope this thread gets acknowledged. 🙂

QS is a great tool and I'd love to see it grow even further.

Kind regards,

S.T.