Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Perus_Pena
Contributor III
Contributor III

Graph not showing values, but selecting graphs dimension shows the value in KPI field.

Hello,

I have a chart showing € per month $(vTarget). The measure is based on variable and the graph works fine. If I try to add another measure $(vPieces) based on variable it refuses to show it showing Null(). The vPieces is ($(vTarget))/($(vAverage)).

I have the same measure on the sheet as KPI and selecting the month from the chart shows correct value.

Denominator variable excludes all other filters than one [Class] - which is not the Month/Dimension e.g. 

Let vAverage = 'Sum({1<x1= {y1},[x2] = {y2},MONTH_X = {$(vPrevMonth)}, Class=P(Class)>}EUROS)';

My hunch is that the problem is related to target being in the future (months 201906, 201907 etc) and the average is based on history data (months 201904, 201903 etc). Is there any way to "Force disregard" the month selection and just "pre-calculate" the average value and use it in the graph. As said, it works fine in KPI when i select a month from future, but Graph / Table doesn't allow it.

I guess making a "Class", "Average" table could work but calculating that in script is pain since the set analysis is rather complicated. Another work around could be to write some future months for the history values but that's sub-optimal aswell..

Cheers,

Pena

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Perus_Pena
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Here is an example. When I select a month the KPI works fine as the totals are able to calculate. But even though the Average exludes the month this prevents showing it in the graph.. Any way to solve this?

Sieppaa.JPG

Perus_Pena
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I hope someone would reply..

Another way of asking, is there any way to populate the Average column (measure) with 907 for every row?

This is the average for class selection that was active during the snipping.

Perus_Pena
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I just did another table in the script that calculated the average and euros per class. Then I used that table for further calculations.