Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III

Grey Lined Parts on Stacked Bar Chart

Hi peoples!

My BarChart is doing strange things. I got some grey lined Parts and i don't know how to remove them.

I got 2 Dims (1 is Articles and 1 is Timestamp) and one Measure Sum(Count).

There are no Selections nor any options i changed. I just created the chart with these 3 Fields and set it as a Stacked Chart.

I attached an image for an example of my problem and marked some of these grey parts in red (nearly) circles.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards

Chris

EDIT: I can't select these grey parts either, forgot to tell you this

15 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello All

At first glance - if I uncheck show zero values - the lines are removed:

Let me know,

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes that's removing them but why do they appear? i have this some time with my charts that there are these grey lined parts. What do they represent? I can't click on them or hover over them to see what they are. Maybe these are the 0-counts in my data?

Regards

Chris

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Chris - let me check with plu‌ - Patrick - do you know why these gray lines appear?

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi,

This is a limitation we put in to avoid having a chart spend too much time fetching data.

The current limit is for a stacked bar chart is at 10,000 elements visible on screen, then we will render the amount of data we haven't fetched as one "bucket". If you add in a dimension limit or reduce the amount of segments they will dissaperar.

Kind regards,

Patrik.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys I told you

BR

Serhan

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you for your information!

That's pretty interesting that Qlik is limiting the dataload even on the few bars shown. I mean it's nice to reduce load time but some times it would be awesome to have some more data in there

Regards

Chris