Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III

Group Drill-Down

Hi,

i haved created a group drilldown in the data model view as you told. il works finly. but when i try to use it in app overview, il don't work as the group drilldown in qlikview 11. Yes i agree that these aren't same product. but for me it isn't exactly a group. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Xia - did you see this video yet: Qlik Sense - Drill-down Group Dimension (video)

It does not work exactly the way it does in QlikView.

I believe I can check to see if there are any planned improvements to allow "quick drill" or something, so you don't have to click the green check mark.

Just for reference.

If you use a Group Drill Dimension - with more than one value - you must click the confirmation button in order to get to the next level:

Click Brazil - confirm

8-21-2014 10-59-28 AM.png

Click Sao Pailo - confirm

8-21-2014 10-59-52 AM.png

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Xia -

Can you explain a bit more in this thread so I can post your feedback to out Product Management team?

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

hi mike,

In qlikview 11, for exemple i have a group drilldown geo, so i have country , region and city in this group. And i create un straight table an then i use my group Geo et create a new mesure count(pointsale).

if i select a country(on simple clic) , so i descend to a lower level et get my liste of region (region attached to my country selected).

but i can't get the same thing in sense if i select a county in ma table as i do in qlik 11, i can't get my liste of region for exemple. it seem that i should add these three fields in my sheet, if i select one value in my liste city, so my group change automaticly to level city. Perheps i don't konw how do it work.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please check this video

Qlik Sense - Drill-down Group Dimension (video)

Hope it helps you, if not attach the sample file.

Regards,

Jagan.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Xia - did you see this video yet: Qlik Sense - Drill-down Group Dimension (video)

It does not work exactly the way it does in QlikView.

I believe I can check to see if there are any planned improvements to allow "quick drill" or something, so you don't have to click the green check mark.

Just for reference.

If you use a Group Drill Dimension - with more than one value - you must click the confirmation button in order to get to the next level:

Click Brazil - confirm

8-21-2014 10-59-28 AM.png

Click Sao Pailo - confirm

8-21-2014 10-59-52 AM.png

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It work perfectly.

i understand.  it haven't worked because i selected a country which haven't region.

thanks