Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Groups in Personal Work stream of QlikSense

Hi gurus,

I QlikSense Hub, we have Work stream in Personal folder structure.

We have number of applications in Work stream, now we want to divide the apps using groups or categories in Work stream

How we can achieve same.

-     Creation of groups, or categories in Work stream

-     Creation of another work stream in Personal section

Can we achieve the same.

Please assist, if you have any solution for same

Thanks & Regards,

MK

6 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

what do you mean by:

Personal folder structure ?

Personal section?

I suppose that you want to divide apps in two or more categories in one single stream.

for doing this, take a look a this very detailed step-by-step video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feSaaJZ7Jco

here you can find how to give access to a group of users some applications and to another group of users some other applications, in a single stream.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Now, suppose, I have created 5 applications, one related to Finance, other w.r.t. HR and like wise.

Now each application is in work folder.

While doing number of POCs I have created versions of same, say 4-5 versions of each app.

Now, if one day, I just want to work for HR versions, in that case, I want to just go to the HR folder in my work stream and work accordingly.

OmarBenSalem

You cant'; u can't create "subfolder" in your Work Stream.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ok, can we create another stream like Work in your Personal Section.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

you can create as much streams as you want, but try to choose a good approach for doing this.

you can create multiple POC versions from the original app and give access only to the users who needs to see these versions.( on the same Stream, on a different stream.. no matter on which stream)

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

if you follow the video I gave you above, you can create multiple versions of your app (on the original stream) and give acces to it only to a group of users