cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Growth and filters

Hi all,

I have a KPI in my dashboard in Qlik Sense that I would like that it changes as I select different filters (the half year with 2018 or quarter or month but all in 2018)

the KPI refers to growth across time and looks like :

((sum({<[Year]={"2018"}>}Order)

/

sum({<[Year]={"2017"}>}Order)))-1

unfortunately when I select a filter - the kpi just goes blank

Could anyone help?

many thanks

Kind Regards

Sofia

6 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Have you data in 2018??

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Share sample data and Expected output

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You probably need to override your actual selections - without that, the date you select will conflict with one term (or both terms) of the expression. Something like:

=(sum({<[Year]={"2018"}, Date, MonthYear>} Order) / sum({<[Year]={"2017"}, Date, MonthYear>} Order)) - 1

(assuming you are making selections in two fields (Date and MonthYear) - adjust to fit your data)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

many thanks for your tip.

Indeed after your solution, when i filter month or quarter doesn't go blank the KPI field, and keep the same figure for the year.

Nevertheless i would like that the KPI would reflect the growth for the sub period selected.

For example: when i select quarter 1 on the filters - the kpi show the growth for Q1

many thanks and take care

Sofia

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Enrique, yes i have some data for 2018

thanks

Sofia

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I suggest then that you upload a small sample containing some representative data, and then provide some example of what you might select and what you would expect (a date ranges, some dates, some months, etc) to get for each of these selections.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein