Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonyiantorno
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Guidance/Help on installing Qlik Senes on Cloud VM?

I am currently looking into installing Qlik Sense Server on a cloud based windows 2012R2:

These are some of my initial questions:

What type of server do I select? Basic OS or Application/Database type Hosting?

Is there a specific Qlik Sense Server software version for Windows 2012R2?

Once Qlik Sense is installed what ports need to be made available on the Windows firewall? or Does Qlik Sense automatically add the ports to the firewall?

That's it for now, but I am sure I will have further questions as I move forward with this install.

Thanks in advance for the guidance/help.

Tony

10 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Tony - check these out and let me know if you need further assistance:

What type of server do I select? Basic OS or Application/Database type Hosting?

Is there a specific Qlik Sense Server software version for Windows 2012R2?
Once Qlik Sense is installed what ports need to be made available on the Windows firewall? or Does Qlik Sense automatically add the ports to the firewall?

Hope this gets your going - feel free to reach out anytime.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
tonyiantorno
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Michael,

I appreciate the quick response.

Will review and post any other issues as I move forward.

Regards,

Tony Iantorno

tonyiantorno
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Michael,

I followed through with your suggested readings and watched the videos to install Sense Server.

However, I am now having an issue with Qlik Sense. This is the screen shot of the browser error connection

QlikSense - An Error occured.jpg

This is what the Cloud Service administrator tech person reply back to me as I asked him to make sure the ports had been setup correctly.

"Our administrators have found that Firewall rules applies correctly, all necessary ports are open and connection to the server established normally. However, we weren't able to login to Qlik.

Also upon the investigation we have noticed that the following link returns login error while trying to use provided login:

https://166.63.124.4:4244/form/ The issues related to the Qlik Sense misconfiguration."

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated.

Tony

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Tony - I believe you need to add your IP address to the websocket origin white list under virtual proxies:

once at the default entry - double click to edit and click Advanced on the right to bring up the white list section

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
tonyiantorno
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

HI Michael,

That worked!!

Thanks again.

Regards,

Tony

tonyiantorno
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

HI Michael,

We have checked our server and according to Event Viewer, we found one following error report:

"The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

ERROR: column c.CreatedOn does not exist at character 10

STATEMENT: SELECT

c."CreatedOn"

FROM "__MigrationHistory" AS c

LIMIT 1"

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Tony Iantorno

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Tony - I am not sure what that is - let me see if I can get another set of eyes on this. BTW - if this is a trial version of the server, you might also want to check with your Qlik pre-sales engineer. I can inform them to assist you further if need be.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
tonyiantorno
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Michael,

This was downloaded from the Partner Portal.

It might not be an issue as I am using the QMC and starting to import apps with no issues, but because it was in the Event log I felt I needed some clarity on what this error was and if it might impact performance etc.

Another set of eyes is always good.

Tony

tonyiantorno
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Michael,

Any guidance or suggestions on a path forward to getting certified in Qlik

Sense and Qlik View Server Administration?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Tony Iantorno

Best Regards,

Tony Iantorno

Visual Data Group

c: 416.526.3357

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 1:40 PM, Michael Tarallo <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>