Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Contributor III
Contributor III

HELP! Grouped and Stacked Chart

Hi,

I have a visualisation that has two measures which are grouped (Year 1 and Year 2), with the following filters:

sum({<Year={2017} >} [Stream 1] + [Stream 2] + [Stream 3] + [Stream 4])

sum({<Year={2018} >} [Stream 1] + [Stream 2] + [Stream 3] + [Stream 4])

I would like my graph to show one bar for 2017 and one bar for 2018 for the same client, but now with each stream differentiated by color. 

Currently, in order to see each stream's contribution to 2017 and 2018 I would have to click the filter on the x axis and manually choose which alternative measures I would like to see and I have a total 4 streams x 2 years = 8 alternatives, so I prefer not to show 10 grouped bars to depict this.

These are my alternative measures:

sum({<Year={2017} >} [Stream 1])

sum({<Year={2018} >} [Stream 1])

sum({<Year={2017} >} [Stream 2])

sum({<Year={2018} >} [Stream 2])

sum({<Year={2017} >} [Stream 3])

sum({<Year={2018} >} [Stream 3])

sum({<Year={2017} >} [Stream 4])

sum({<Year={2018} >} [Stream 4])

How do I have just two measures (getting rid of the 8 above alternative measures), filtered by year as already done. But adding differentiation by stream coloring? Since I have chosen the grouped option under presentation, I cannot stack any data. I think the solution will be in the coding by coloring each stream?

Attached is how the data is laid out.

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Often it's useful to transform a crosstable-structure into a "normal" table-structure and I could imagine that it might be helpful for you to get your wished usability. To what is meant, see here: The-Crosstable-Load

- Marcus