Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Have 10-12 components: Limited Qlik Sense window problem with No Scroll

Hi All,

The business requirement is to view performance of a country in one sheet. There are 12 -14 components comprising barcharts, line charts for 12-14 KPI's along with some commentary's.  Qlik Sense window is not scrollable and provides us with limited space. I am unable to fit more than 4-5 components on the screen without making it's size smaller. How do I fit 12-14 components ? Is there a way we can increase the height of the main window to include more visualization. This limits the visualization to only few graphs per sheet which does not solve my business purpose.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌sense has a responsive layout which means the chart will adjust its layout based on its size and the device the user is using to view it.  You can put 12-14 charts on a single sheet but as you are seeing it's hard to display content cleanly and clearly at that size.

IF you have to display that made per sheet suggest you show users they can right click on the chart they are interesting in looking at and expending it to full size.  This will give them the type of visibility they will want in a chart,   Either that or as you've done spread over a number of sheets.

REgards

ANdy

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌sense has a responsive layout which means the chart will adjust its layout based on its size and the device the user is using to view it.  You can put 12-14 charts on a single sheet but as you are seeing it's hard to display content cleanly and clearly at that size.

IF you have to display that made per sheet suggest you show users they can right click on the chart they are interesting in looking at and expending it to full size.  This will give them the type of visibility they will want in a chart,   Either that or as you've done spread over a number of sheets.

REgards

ANdy

Not applicable
Author

My suggestion is to use filters so the user can just toggle the components he/she needs to view in the chart

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌iI've an example of what's been suggested here

Makes Sense to go round in circles

Uses an extension called as variables.  For this to work your charts would need to be the same but the content changable.

ANother option you have if you have the skills is to create your own site and embed the charts Into it in a mash up.  That will bypass the sheet restriction

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Andy and other members. 

So If i summarize it, I cannot increase the height of the work area, if i have to fit all components in 1 sheet then I have two options,

1) Use very small graphs and ask the user to increase it to full screen when analyzing

2) Use filters in my code so that user can toggle at run time to see.