cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Horit
Contributor II
Contributor II

HeadCount year by year barchart

I have data set like employee_id , hire_date, termination_date , also I have a master calendar . I want create a bar chart which shows yearly active head count. There is a filter to select the years to be shown on the bar chart . Each year should be a fiscal year starting from 1-Aug-Year to 31-Jul-(Year+1). Can anyone please suggest any way to do this 

4 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @Horit 

This is going to depend a lot on your data model and conditions for your head count. 

I would look at the Interval match function to find the when people are employed. i.e. Between hire and termination.

Horit
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thanks for the reply ... I will elaborate a bit more 

please find the attached data sheet .
for the time being If we do not consider Fiscal year .

suppose there are two variables - start date and end date  ( based on this range bar graph will show the chart yearly basis ) 

if I select start date = 1 jan 2020 , end date = 31 jul 2022 then the bar graph should visualize 3 bars 

saying - 2022 - 155(head count)

2021 - 140

2020 -110

explain - for headcount in 2022 - all the terminations in 2022 will be excluded , all the hire in 2022 will be included ..

Can u please suggest a way .... or any solution .. 

there are two sheets in the excel sheet .... 1. HRMS sample , 2. Calendar 

do we need to join the two tables ?

Sorry , I can't share the workbook for some info sec reason...

Regards 

Horit

eticam
Contributor
Contributor

Bar charts display values as individual bars whose height is determined by the value plotted and grouped by each category. This is best used to compare data ...https://paystublogin.onl/nyc-doe-payroll-portal/ 
Horit
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

HI @Mark_Little  , please suggest or share any solution for the case mentioned below