Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Header Auth Virtual Proxy is not working

Hi Every one,

I am trying to implementing the Header Auth virtual proxy Method, i am getting some error please help me.

this is the url i am using.

URL : https: <ServerName>/hdr/qrs/hub/hdr-usr=USERDIRECTORY/USERNAME

Thanks,

Ramarajan hicgwassenaarjagan

Header Auth Error.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Headers are passed behind the scenes and not in the URL. Fiddler is the easiest tool to inject headers, but extensions / plugins exist for many browsers. See:

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 7.28.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 7.28.14 PM.png

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Headers are passed behind the scenes and not in the URL. Fiddler is the easiest tool to inject headers, but extensions / plugins exist for many browsers. See:

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 7.28.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 7.28.14 PM.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Levi,

So I need to download fiddler on my server machine and configure as per the second image.

in that you are passing only one user , if I need to pass multiple user then how to configure.

Thanks in Advance,

Ramarajan M

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Fiddler is just an easy tool to set the headers of the web browser's request.

You can always change the values in the second image (which are specific to my machine, by the way, you will want to adjust to domain\userid for your environment) if you need to emulate another user.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Levi,

I have users list like ,

1.Test1

2.Test2

3.Test3

Thanks,

Ramarajan M.

in Fiddler you are passing only one user like "USERDIRECTORY\Test1"  then how to pass those remaining 2 users.

Fiddler.PNG

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

You can only inject the headers for one user in a fiddler session. You can always close the browser, change the Fiddler request headers, and then emulate another user.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Levi,

Final doubt , so that fiddler installed in the client side or server side.

Thanks,

Ramarajan M.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Client side. But do keep in mind, Fiddler is ideal for testing purposes but it obviously is too much work for an actual end user solution.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Levi,

Finally i am getting this Error . Please look at the snapshot i have attached , if there is any mistake please guide me

Thanks ,

Ramarajan M

P2.PNG

in this i am using USERDIRECTORY\USER .

User Connector.PNG

P1.PNGP3.PNG

note: Here i am using VPN Connection .  Please help me.

Not applicable
Author

The key item to remember with http header authentication is that the header name and value must be passed with every request to the Qlik Sense server.  As soon as the header name and value is not present in the web request, the Qlik Sense server will sever the connection.

What is the use case you want to use header authentication for?

jg